Fire extinguishers are the first lines of defense during a fire emergency.
They help save lives and property.
Fire extinguishers are designed to tackle specific types of fire. There are six different classes of fire and several different types of fire extinguishers.
Classes of fire
- Class A - fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles.
- Class B - fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils.
- Class C - fires involving gases.
- Class D - fires involving metals.
- Class E - fires involving live electrical apparatus. (Technically ‘Class E’ doesn’t exists however this is used for convenience here)
- Class F - fires involving cooking oils such as in deep-fat fryers.